8.11.2006

exhibit a


this not-so-little creature in the picture below greeted me this morning in the shower.

all i have to say is: wtf.

i mean i've seen some weird bugs, being from florida and all (palmetto bugs anyone?). but what is this thing?! i promptly took a picture so that i could show my friendly neighborhood exterminator. then, i promptly lost all nerve and ability to move and called for my nifty new roommate. his reply "oh shit!" but he maintained all gumption and swatted the hell out of said mystery bug.

exterminator reply: that's a centipede.
my reply: a centipede?! first rats, then pigeons (in my ceiling) and now centipedes! i'm in the city that never sleeps and the city that's always creepy-crawling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully none of his fellow centipede brothers or sisters will be back anytime soon.

On a lighter note, Gael Garcia Bernal is staring in a new film called "The Science of Sleep," by the guy who directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."

I probably could have walked seven feet to tell you this in person, but oh well.